Our mind is really powerful and we need to prime it to get through a tough workout. Motivational fitness quotes from fitness idols can help you boost your mind. These quotes can help reinforce the goals you set for yourself.
It’s hard to follow a new year’s resolution, especially if it’s about exercising daily. Fitness routines are tough and require your mental and physical commitment. While sleeping in might seem like an easier choice, it doesn’t help you reach your fitness goals.
We lead extremely busy lives often, our to-do lists are overflowing with work and when we do get some leisure time, it’s tough to pull yourself to workout. But fitness is a commitment, and it only takes a few pushes to make it into a habit.
You can have doubts along this journey, even consider quitting, but don’t do that because the journey is totally worth it.
If you have a goal in mind, be it getting abs or just being more active in your day-to-day activities, a daily workout can help. A positive workout is even better.
Here are some motivational fitness quotes to give you a little boost.
You can read it when you feel demotivated, or place it in your workout space.
- “Success isn’t always about ‘greatness’. It’s about consistency. Consistent hard work gains success. Greatness will come.” – Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson
- “Train insane or remain the same.” – Jillian Michaels
- “The only bad workout is the one that didn’t happen.” – Anonymous
- “You can’t conquer a mountain. You can only conquer yourself.” – Jim Whittaker
- “All great achievements require time.” – Maya Angelou
- “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” – Jim Ryun
- “It comes down to one simple thing: How bad do you want it?” – Anonymous
- “Exercise should be regarded as tribute to the heart.” – Gene Tunney
- “Don’t be afraid of being a beginner.” – Anonymous
- “Action is the foundational key to all success.” – Pablo Picasso
- “Train hard, turn up, run your best and the rest will take care of itself.” – Usain Bolt
- “What hurts today makes you stronger tomorrow” – Jay Cutler
- “Nothing truly great ever came from a comfort zone.” – Anonymous
- “Don’t count the days. Makes the days count.” – Muhammad Ali
- “You’re only one workout away from a good mood” – Anonymous
- “It’s going to be a journey. It’s not a sprint to get in shape.” —Kerri Walsh Jennings
- “The voice in your head that says you can’t do this is a liar.” – Anonymous
- “You make your own luck. You make it in training. – Simone Biles
- “No excuses. Just do the work.” – Shalane Flanagan
- “You have to be able to accept failure to get better.” – LeBron James
- “I Still look at myself and want to improve” – David Beckham
- “If you want to be the best, you have to do things that other people aren’t willing to do.” -Michael Phelps
- “I know what to do and I go and execute.” – Usain Bolt
- “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.” – Muhammad Ali
- “As long as we persevere and endure, we can get anything we want.” – Mike Tyson
- “I can accept failure, but I can’t accept not trying.” – Michael Jordan
- “We all have self-doubt. You don’t deny it, but you also don’t capitulate to it. You embrace it.” – Kobe Bryant
- “Be the best version of yourself in anything you do. You don’t have to live anybody else’s story – Stephen Curry
- “Remember why you started, remember where you’re headed, think of how great it will be to get there, and keep going.” – Ralph Marston
- “Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection” – Mark Twain
- “Training gives us an outlet for suppressed energies created by stress and thus tones the spirit just as exercise conditions the body.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
- “Your body can stand almost anything. It’s your mind that you have to convince.” – Anonymous
- “Discipline is just choosing between what you want now and what you want most.” – Anonymous
- “Push yourself, no one is going to do it for you.” – Anonymous
- “Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.” – Lance Armstrong
- “It is exercise alone that supports these spirits, and keeps the mind in vigour.” – Cicero
- “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” -Mahatma Gandhi
- “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.”- Thomas Jefferson
- “Respect your body. It’s the only one you get.” – Anonymous
- “The best day to start exercising is today. Tomorrow can turn into weeks, months or years.” – Mark Dilworth
There are some steps you can take to make sure you stick to your fitness routine. Start slow and follow the steps, don’t rush through it and keep breathing. Make a schedule for your day and set some time aside to workout. Write out a simple daily goal for yourself. Put your schedule along with your motivational fitness quotes on a wall where you can see it.
Reward yourself when you get those goals! Read the fitness quotes. Be patient with yourself.
Visualise. Believe. Achieve.